Enter by January 15, 2024!
Submissions must include the following:
- Your problem statement(s).
- A clear description of the process or product.
- Illustrations (ex.drawings, CAD, photos) .
- Link to a video pitch of no more than 3 minutes.
- Setbacks you may have encountered in developing your idea, or how it changed from your initial idea to your final solution.
- Market research that confirms your problem is a problem other people experience too, and how you’ve verified that.
- Competitive analysis: Does anything else like your solution already exist, and if so, how is your solution different?
- Cost to produce.
- What is your suggested retail price?
- What are you basing your retail cost estimate on?
Please follow entry guidelines at the submission link carefully. Submissions that fail to adhere to submission rules will be disqualified.
Judges are looking for:
- An actual problem statement that describes a challenge you and others face.
- A well-researched and well-documented solution.
- Potential actual marketability of your solution, including documentation (through a sufficient number of interviews or market research) that people need and/or want the solution and therefore the demand is already there.
The 2023-24 Young Innovators Challenge is co-hosted by the Foundation for Community Driven Innovation, AMRoC Fab Lab, the Florida Inventors Hall of Fame , the Florida High Tech Corridor and Scoutlier, and open to teams of 1 or more youth in two categories:
- 6th-12th grade and
This challenge asks: What problem do you or someone you know encounter at school, at home, at work, or at play? Is it a problem for others, too? If you had the chance to solve that problem, how would you do it? Would you create a new product? A service? A method? A tool? Do you think your challenge is enough of a problem for others that they might be interested in trying your solution?
If you think you’ve got a winning solution to the problem, here’s your chance to share it for an opportunity for cash awards and the opportunity to take your solution to the next level!
Enter by **January 15, 2024** –
- Finalists will be selected and notified on Feb. 1 and announced to the public Feb. 2
- Finalists will present their project at the Young Innovators Showcase at the Florida State Fair on Feb. 16, where they will also compete in the Young Innovators Finals Pitch Competition.
- Top prizes of $1000 to 1st place, $750 to 2nd place and $500 for 3rd place in each of the two entry categories.
The top team in each category also receives support in incorporating and further developing their product or service idea as an actual business.
Only completed submissions, with all required elements, will be considered.
Participants may request access to AMRoC for prototyping services like 3D printing or design guidance on things like materials recommendations, etc., but the Fab Lab will NOT do design work for teams.
Note to adults supporting youth teams: *We are looking for **students’** work! *