Click the map for directions to AMRoC Fab Lab.
The Tampa Bay Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics Center Fab Lab (AMRoC) is a program of the non-profit Foundation for Community Driven Innovation. A public Fab Lab, the mission of AMRoC is to empower people with resources for creative self-expression and bridge the manufacturing and industry talent gap through robust project-based engineering education and training. You can read more about AMRoC on our Mission and Goals page.
Memberships for Individuals and Families
Join AMRoC Fab Lab for access to our wood and metal working tools, 3D printers and scanners and more. With your membership card, and basic tool safety training, just unleash your creativity.
- $50/month or $500/year prepaid for an individual and
- $100/month for a family of up to four people within a single household, living at the same address, or $1000/year prepaid in advance.
- Work space access during open hours
- 3D printer use with training with up to 20 hrs printing time/month (fee for resin printers)
- Workshop access with training
- Access to hand tools and computers
- 15% discount on fee-based classes, workshops and certification programs
- 10% discount on fabrication services
- Members only events
After completing the form, you’ll be contacted by AMRoC Fab Lab staff who will finish processing your membership application. All members agree to abide by the AMROC Fab Lab Code of Conduct and Use Agreement and Waiver.
Members recieve an automatic invitation to the AMRoC Slack Workspace. with access to the members-only channel. Others working on projects or attending classes and workshops at AMRoC are also welcome to use our Slack space to collaborate, but must request access. Please email info @ ffcdi.org to request an invitation to Slack.
Code of Conduct
All members are expected to work in a safe manner, treat others with respect, clean up after themselves, and take care of work areas. Memberships will be revoked if these guidelines and our Code of Conduct are not followed. The Foundation for Community Driven Innovation (FCDI) is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of professionalism, diversity and inclusion in all our programs. We embrace and encourage differences in race,color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, income or any other characteristics that make our program participants unique. All our programs are guided by the FCDI Code of Conduct , by which all participants, from adults to students, as well as volunteers and guests, are expected to abide.
Everyone participating in any FCDI event or program, including AMRoC Fab Lab, is expected to:
- Behave in a mature and respectful way, that emphasizes the value of others and respects individuals and the community.
- Ensure the safety of all participants by following established protocols at all our events and programs.
- Refrain from any acts of bullying, harrassment, profane or insulting language, or any form of actual, threatened or implied violence.
- Report any unsafe or threatening conduct to organizers or other relevant program supervisors.
Anyone in violation of our Code of Conduct may be asked to leave an event or program.
Basic membership amenities will include but are not limited to:
- Use of all tools and equipment — successful completion of safety and basic use class required
- Central communal workshop with large worktables
- Power outlets at each worktable
- Free use of computer workstations with software
- Wi-fi with high speed Internet access
- 20 hours of free 3D printing per month
- Free members-only meet-ups and other special events
- Discounts on classes and store merchandise