CovidActNow.org was created by a team of data scientists, engineers, and designers in partnership with epidemiologists, public health officials, and political leaders to help understand how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect their region.
This tool is built to enable political leaders to quickly make decisions in their Coronavirus response informed by best available data and modeling.
It speaks for itself – and for us. Click image to see Florida data.
STEM Education Resources
- Access Engineering
- Afterschool Tech Toolkit – National AfterSchool Association
- Cult of Pedagogy Project Based Learning Resources
- Edutopia STEM Resources
- Makerspace for Education
- STEM Connect – Florida High Tech Corridor classroom resource
- STEM Education Grant Funding Directory from SolidProfessor
- STEM Teaching Tools
- Teach Engineering
Youth Robotics Education Resources
- Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy
- FIRST K-12 STEM programs
- FIRST Educator Curriculum
- FIRST for Educators
- FIRST Impact Studies
- NASA Robotics Alliance Project
- National Robotics Challenge
- National Robotics League
- Robotics Education and Competition Foundation
- SolidProfessor FIRST Sponsorship
- VEX EDR Curriculum
- VEX IQ Curriculum
- World Robot Olympiad
Other FIRST Robotics Centers
Serving Tampa Bay, and Central Florida, as well as welcoming teams statewide, AMRoC Fab Lab is the only public facility of which we’re aware that provides a full suite of FIRST K-12 programming. However there are a few other facilities across the country that provide robust FIRST programming in their communities. These include:
- FIRST® Zone – Charlotte – North Carolina – Created by the Queen City Robotics Alliance, the Zone is 5,000 sq ft. containing a workshop, team storage, competition fields for FRC and FTC and FLL. The space is open to teams in North & South Carolina.
- Kettering University FIRST Robotics Community Center – Michigan – The Center is the first of its kind on any university campus in the country, and provides work areas for FIRST teams, a regulation size practice field and a lab with machining tools and software.
- Mary Baker Smith Career Center – Louisiana – part of the Lafayette Parish School System(LPSS), the Career Center is focused on design & manufacturing, with a robotics & programming lab, machine lab with CNC Mills & CNC Routers, a 3-D printing lab & the states only permanent FIRST Robotics Competition field.
- Renaissance Jax – Northeast Florida – Serving over 4000 kids across 20 counties and 250 FIRST Lego League teams, as well as providing support for FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST LEGO League Jr. programs.
Sister Fab Labs & Makerspaces
- Clearwater’s Fabrication Lab at Saint Paul’s School
- Faulhaber Fab Lab at Suncoast Science Center – Sarasota
- Lawton Chiles Middle Academy F ab Lab – Polk County Schools
- SOCOM Fab Lab – MacDill Air Force Base
Makerspaces & Hackerspaces
FIRST Team Resources
FIRST LEGO League Jr.
- Mentoring FIRST LEGO League Jr. Teams (6-9 yr olds)
FIRST LEGO League
- Mentoring FIRST LEGO League Teams (8-14 yr. olds)
- Carnegie Mellon University LEGO Mindstorms Curriculum
FIRST Tech Challenge
- Mentoring FIRST Tech Challenge Teams (13-18 yr olds)
- FIRST Tech Challenge Java for Robots Online Workshop
FIRST Robotics Competition
Workforce Education Resources
- 180 Skills – WIOA approved training for the workforce system
- Advanced Technical Education Resource Collection
- Apprenticeship Finder (Dept. of Labor)
- Lift learning Hub – This Online Learning Hub gives teachers and students access to lightweight metals and composite materials educational tools from industry and education experts around the country.
- National Center for Manufacturing Education
- National Tooling & Machining Association
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Open Education Resources (OER) Commons
- Roadmap for Manufacturing Education – Manufacturing Institute
- Skills Commons – FREE and OPEN digital library of Workforce Training Materials
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Student Resources
- STEM Transitions Manufacturing Career Clusters
- Titans of CNC Academy
- Urban Manufacturing Alliance
- Workforce GPS – sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration.