Resources for Volunteers
Best Practices for Resource Providers
- 3DforCOVID – a community of 800+ makers, working to provide critical medical supplies to those treating patients with Coronavirus.
- 3D Printing Community Responds to Coronovirus, & Resources – updated daily at 3D Printing Industry
- 3D Printing & Coronavirus
- Lessons Learned from Making Nearly 170,000 Face Masks – Youtube video, the Fabric Patch
- Medical Gown Standards – FDA
- Professional and Home-Made Face Masks Reduce Exposure to Respiratory Infections among the General Population – 2009 study, NIH Library
- Sanitizing homemade face masks – Popular Science
- Strategies for Optimizing Supply of Isolation Gowns – CDC
- Sterilizing 3D Prints
- The Ultimate Guide to Homemade Face Masks for Coronavirus – materials and filter guide
- Tips for Wearing a Face Mask – Duke University – New
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 – CDC
- What Disinfectants and Cleaning Solutions Kill Coronavirus?
- Barrier Gown instructions & hood– Heywood Hospital, MA
- DIY Barrier Gown Instructions -Community Health Network
- DIY PPE Medical Isolation Gown Pattern (PDF) – UHSINC
- How to Make Protective Gowns for Coronavirus/COVID-19
- Isolation Gown Pattern
- Current list of DIY masks for the COVID-19 pandemic – curated & ranked by rate of protection, construction time, with relevant notes
- Fu Face Mask Patterns
- Pocket Face Mask Pattern – for filter insertion
- Stopgap Face Mask – National Institutes of Health 3D Print Exchange – has undergone review in a clinical setting and is recommended when fabricated as instructed.
- Maker Mask – a fully 3D Printable health grade mask
Open Source Projects
- JPL Designed COVID-19 Respirators – released as open source
- Open collaboration on COVID-19 on GitHub
- Open hardware projects working to solve COVID-19 – Good article & projects overview on OpenSource.com
- Open Source COVID-19 Library
- Open Source COVID-19 Medical Supplies Facebook Group – Medically reviewed
- Open Source COVID-19 Medical Supplies – Local Response Group, Central & South FL
- Open Source Validation Tests for Open Source COVID-19 Ventilator Projects
- Open Source Ventilator
- Pandemic Pressure Control Ventilator – Hackaday project
- Project Open Air
- Specifications for Simple Open Source Mechanical Ventilator
- VentilAid – Open source ventilator in beta test phase
- WikiFactory Open Community for Viral Response – open source projects for healthcare
- Ear Savers – tension relief device for face masks
- Folding at Home – a distributed computing project for simulating protein dynamics
- Folding at Home for COVID-19 – a closer look on Pilch Point
- Hack the Pandemic – Help create a reusable, customizable, modular, anti-viral, anti-microbial N95 face mask
- Hands-free Door Opener – 3D print
- Henry Ford Health Systems Innovative DIY Solutions to Personal Protection Equipment Shortages
- HP COVID-19 3D Printing Resources
- John Deer COVID-19 Innovations Center
- DIY Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) Cabinet – for cleaning PPE
- Useful 3D Printed Tools for COVID-19
Here you can find a directory of community resource providers with contact information, and a collection of curated resources on making needed PPE and related equipment and items. We hope this page makes it easier for those needing help, to connect with those trying to help.
We are Consolidated for COVID.
Follow the Curve
For information about current COVID-19 rates in Florida and other state specific information, please visit the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Response website. Click on the image above to see latest tracking statistics on the Florida COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard.
Tell Their Stories
Mourning America is a tribute site whose mission is “to bring faces to the numbers. Every man woman, and child deserves to have their story told and remembered, to bring faces to the numbers.”
Every Dot Is a Person. Every Person Has a Story.
Please share their story.
If you have lost a loved one click below to add their name and story.
Note to healthcare providers seeking resources and PPE support: Please be aware that the majority of items listed here by the groups providing them are being assembled in homes, makerspaces and fab labs with every best intent to produce them in a safe manner, to be as useful as possible. Unless otherwise noted, items are intended as stop gap solutions only, to back fill when approved medical supplies are unavailable or in critically short supply.
Other Local & National Groups
A listing of local and national groups known to be making or coordinating PPE.
- MRG3D – AMRoC Fab Lab PPE Community Partner
- Maker Made Personal Protection Equipment – Florida Cares
- Mask Makers of Tampa Bay – Facebook group
- Open Source COVID19 Medical Supplies Local Response Group – Central & South Florida – Facebook group
- St. Pete Makers
- Suncoast Science Center Faulhaber Fab Lab – Sarasota
- Tampa Hackerspace
COVID-19 Innovation Challenges
- CoVent 19 Challenge – An Open Innovation Effort to Design a Rapidly Deployable Mechanical Ventilator – first round submissions due May 1
- COVID-19 Design Innovation Grant – IDA Design Awards
- COVID-19 Makers Challenge – Challenges kick off April 25 with two day Make-a-Thon May 2-3
- Data Powered Alliance to Stop COVID-19 – xPrize
- Global COVID-19 Innovation Challenge
- Fit to Face – Mask Design Challenge – America Makes – enter by April 26
- Hack the Crisis – “Sparking hackathons* across the world to emerge from the #covid19 crisis stronger together!”
- Kaggle Competition – COVID-19 Data mining challengeMozilla Open Source Support Program (MOSS) – accepting applications that are hardware and software , with awards up to $50K
- The COVID-19 Knock-Down Innovation Challenge – Hire the Youth
- The COVID-19 Detect & Protect Challenge – Hackster.io
- xTech COVID-19 Ventilator Challenge – U.S. Dept. of Defense