AMRoC Fab Lab COVID-19 Health & Safety policy is in place for any AMRoC guests, including youth robotics teams, until further notice. Teams may schedule use of AMRoC Fab Lab via our Appointment page. Meetings and field use may be scheduled in 3 hour time blocks.
FRC, FTC & VEX teams and other youth robotics teams can reserve use of fields and machine shop on an hourly basis, or purchase monthly or annual field use passes for relevant use periods, scheduled in advance. FLL teams can reserve use of the FLL tables by the season. Current rates are listed below. Click robot image at right to see Facilities Use Policies.
Open Build is suspended until further notice. Appointments are required by all teams using AMRoC Fab Lab. Thank you for your understanding. Teams may also take advantage of our free Student Robotics Open Build every Wednesday afternoon starting at 3:30pm, with some limitations on workshop use, but open access to fields and classroom space.
Use Policies – Adapted for COVID-19
- Teams must schedule field and machine shop use in advance via the AMRoC Fab Lab website via appointment page .
- There must be at least 1 supervising adult on site with students at all times, and no more than ten students are permitted on site.
- Teams must adhere to the AMRoC Fab Lab Code of Conduct & Facilities Use policies and COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy, prior to scheduling and at all times while on site.
- Food can be brought in, but must be confined to the designated, marked Dining table. No open beverage containers are allowed anywhere in AMRoC Fab Lab. Food must be disposed of properly, in the cans marked “Food Waste Only”.
- Teams must clean up completely when finished, leaving AMRoC Fab Lab in the same or better condition than when they arrived.
- AMRoC Fab Lab staff and volunteers are not responsible for damage to team equipment or property. Teams must take full responsibility for all their equipment, and if any is stored on site, it must all be clearly labeled as team property, and be properly locked and secured.
- AMRoC Fab Lab is located in a public shopping mall and assumes no responsibility or authority for students outside of the Fab Lab. Teams should have an agreed upon policy for youth regarding use of the mall or the food court area.
- $20 per hour
- $100 per day including use of field & shop
- $400 per month during build season including use field & shop
- $2400 per year , in season and summer use
FTC/VEX Teams: Fees are Currently Waived for ROBOT League Teams during 2020-21 season. While there is no charge to use the field, however, teams must use the “book now” button above to schedule their field use times, and all COVID 19 health and safety policies, show at left, apply.
- $15 per hour
- $50 per day including use of field & shop
- $250 per month including field & shop
- $1200 per year, in season and summer use
- $300 per year, in season and summer use
- Individual rates can be arranged for small scrimmages and multiteam practice or build events.