Click the image above to download the AMRoC brochure. Use the map link below for directions to AMRoC Fab Lab.
The Tampa Bay Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics Center Fab Lab (AMRoC) is a program of the non-profit Foundation for Community Driven Innovation. A public Fab Lab, the mission of AMRoC is to empower people with resources for creative self-expression and bridge the manufacturing and industry talent gap through robust project-based engineering education and training.
AMRoC is located at University Mall in Tampa, and is part of the new mixed used, city center redevelopment underway there. Click on the Quick Links below for a comprehensive overview of AMRoC Fab Lab.
- Fab Lab Charter
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- FCDI Code of Conduct
- Resources and Equipment
AMRoC Fab Lab agrees to the Fab Charter, and will:
- Provide a training and talent pipeline for Science, Technology and Manufacturing careers in the Tampa Bay and Central Florida regions,
- Inspire young people to become STEM, Manufacturing and Industry leaders by engaging them in exciting mentor based, diverse and inclusive programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, inspire innovation, and foster well- rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership skills,
- Act as the headquarters for a Central Florida FIRST Hub (FIRST is a K-12 youth STEM education program that uses robotics as the basis of its project based learning platform.)
Fab Lab UN Sustainable Development Goals Alignment
As part of the international Fab Lab community, AMRoC Fab Lab commits to three specific goals that are in alignment with United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). These SDGs are “a call for action by all countries – poor, rich and middle-income – to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. They recognize that ending poverty must go hand-in-hand with strategies that build economic growth and address a range of social needs including education, health, social protection, and job opportunities, while tackling climate change and environmental protection. “Our three goals are:
SDG 4: Obtaining a quality education is the foundation to improving people’s lives and sustainable development. At AMRoC Fab Lab we pledge ourselves to quality educational offerings that inspire and empower, creating agency and self-suffiency by giving youth and adults hands on learning opportunities that develop 21st century soft skills in communications, digital literacy and STEM engagement.
SDG 8: Half the world’s population still lives on the equivalent of about US$2 a day. And in too many places, having a job doesn’t guarantee the ability to escape from poverty. AMRoC Fab Lab will help foster economic growth and improve work opportunities by supporting entrepreneurship cabilities , access to training and certifications, and helping create new jobs.
SDG 9: Inclusive and sustainable industrial development is the primary source of income generation, allows for rapid and sustained increases in living standards for all people, and provides the technological solutions to environmentally sound industrialization. AMRoC Fab Lab is a living example of industrial innovation in a repurposed infrastructure, as we bring new value and purpose to a former retail space. At AMRoC Fab Lab, we will contribute to the development of sustainable technological and manufacturing solutions, and leverage micromanufacturing capablities that bring manufacturing within reach of more people and small businesses.
You can see a mind map of Fab Lab SDGs around the world here.
Code of Conduct
The Foundation for Community Driven Innovation (FCDI) is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of professionalism, diversity and inclusion in all our programs. We embrace and encourage differences in race,color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, income or any other characteristics that make our program participants unique. All our programs are guided by the FCDI Code of Conduct , by which all participants, from adults to students, as well as volunteers and guests, are expected to abide.
Everyone participating in any FCDI event or program, including AMRoC Fab Lab, is expected to:
- Behave in a mature and respectful way, that emphasizes the value of others and respects individuals and the community.
- Ensure the safety of all participants by following established protocols at all our events and programs.
- Refrain from any acts of bullying, harrassment, profane or insulting language, or any form of actual, threatened or implied violence.
- Report any unsafe or threatening conduct to organizers or other relevant program supervisors.
Anyone in violation of our Code of Conduct may be asked to leave an event or program. Additionally, by participating in any FCDI/AMRoC program, participants agree to our program waiver. Both our Code of Conduct and Participation Waiver can be found here.
Back to Top
Resources & Equipment
Developed by the Foundation for Community Driven Innovation (FCDI) and seeded by an Argosy Foundation grant, AMRoC Fab Lab is a collaborative, cross program effort of several cooperative organizations and academic institutions and includes:
- Industry standard manufacturing equipment, including CNC, milling, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- Resources and equipment for textiles, handcrafts, rapid prototyping and fabrication, audio/visual studio equipment, electronics, mechatronics, AR/VR, drones, CAD and more,
- A full scale permanent FIRST Robotics Competition field for high school level, FIRST Tech Challenge field, for middle and high school programs and FIRST LEGO League playing tables for elementary and middle school programs,
- Hardware and software to support K-to-Gray education through:
- Professional Development for educators including Curriculum and Standards Alignment resources, training in Diversity and Inclusion in science, technology, and manufacturing education and more
- Programming, design and engineering classes and training for youth
Inquire here with project or program needs:
AMRoC Fab Lab services include:
- 3D printing services (fees vary by printer type and job complexity and may range from $20 to $200 or more)
- Fabrication services
- Product Development Consultation
- Professional Development for educators, business professionals and others
- Certifications in various trades and skills, from automotive repair to CAD
Please use our Services Contact Form to tell us more about your needs and AMRoC Fab Lab staff will respond within 48 hours.