The mission of the Tampa Bay Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics Center is to bridge the manufacturing and industry talent gap through robust project-based engineering education and training.
AMRoC seeks to:
- Provide a training and talent pipeline for Science, Technology and Manufacturing careers in the Tampa Bay and Central Florida regions,
- Inspire young people to become STEM, Manufacturing and Industry leaders by engaging them in exciting mentor based, diverse and inclusive programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, inspire innovation, and foster well- rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership skills,
- Act as the headquarters for a Central Florida FIRST Hub.
Developed by the Foundation for Community Driven Innovation (FCDI) and seeded by an Argosy Foundation grant, AMRoC is a collaborative, cross program effort of several cooperative organizations and academic institutions and will include:
- Industry standard manufacturing equipment, including CNC, milling, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- A full scale permanent FIRST Robotics Competition field for high school level, FIRST Tech Challenge field, for middle and high school programs and FIRST LEGO League playing tables for elementary and middle school programs
- Hardware and software to support K-12 STEAM education through:
- Professional Development for educators including Curriculum and Standards Alignment resources, training in Diversity and Inclusion in science, technology, and manufacturing education and more
- Programming, design and engineering classes and training for youth
- Kit and parts loans for teams and classrooms
For more information, please visit our Contact page to get in touch.
-Follow Us - Get Inspired - Make the Future
AMRoC is a program of the Foundation for Community Drive Innovation (FCDI), a registered 501(c)(3) organization. All contributions to AMRoC & FCDI are tax deductible as permitted by law.
All content on this site is copyrighted and may not be reused without the permission of FCDI.