The mission of the Tampa Bay Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics Center Fab Lab is to bridge the manufacturing and industry talent gap through robust project-based engineering education and training. AMRoC is located at University Mall in Tampa, and is part of the new mixed used, city center redevelopment efforts underway there.
AMRoC Fab Lab agrees to the Fab Charter, and will:
- Provide a training and talent pipeline for Science, Technology and Manufacturing careers in the Tampa Bay and Central Florida regions,
- Inspire young people to become STEM, Manufacturing and Industry leaders by engaging them in exciting mentor based, diverse and inclusive programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, inspire innovation, and foster well- rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership skills,
- Act as the headquarters for a Central Florida FIRST Hub (FIRST is a K-12 youth STEM education program that uses robotics as the basis of its project based learning platform.)
Resources & Equipment
Developed by the Foundation for Community Driven Innovation (FCDI) and seeded by an Argosy Foundation grant, AMRoC Fab Lab is a collaborative, cross program effort of several cooperative organizations and academic institutions and includes:
- Industry standard manufacturing equipment, including CNC, milling, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- Resources and equipment for textiles, handcrafts, rapid prototyping and fabrication, audio/visual studio equipment, electronics, mechatronics, AR/VR, drones, CAD and more,
- A full scale permanent FIRST Robotics Competition field for high school level, FIRST Tech Challenge field, for middle and high school programs and FIRST LEGO League playing tables for elementary and middle school programs,
- Hardware and software to support K-to-Gray education through:
- Professional Development for educators including Curriculum and Standards Alignment resources, training in Diversity and Inclusion in science, technology, and manufacturing education and more
- Programming, design and engineering classes and training for youth
For more information, please visit our Contact page to get in touch.