Mission & Goals
Click the image above to download the AMRoC brochure. Use the map link below for directions to AMRoC Fab Lab. AMRoC is open 11:00 am to 8:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday. Closed Sunday and Monday.
The Tampa Bay Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics Center Fab Lab (AMRoC) is a program of the non-profit Foundation for Community Driven Innovation. A public Fab Lab, the mission of AMRoC is to empower people with resources for creative self-expression and bridge the manufacturing and industry talent gap through robust project-based engineering education and training.
AMRoC is located at University Mall in Tampa, and is part of the new mixed used, city center redevelopment underway there.
All fee based services benefit our nonprofit mission of education and workforce skills development.
Click on the Quick Links below for a comprehensive overview of AMRoC Fab Lab.
- FCDI Code of Conduct
- Resources and Equipment
- Our History
- Fab Lab Charter
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Code of Conduct
The Foundation for Community Driven Innovation (FCDI) is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of professionalism, diversity and inclusion in all our programs. We embrace and encourage differences in race,color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, income or any other characteristics that make our program participants unique. All our programs are guided by the FCDI Code of Conduct , by which all participants, from adults to students, as well as volunteers and guests, are expected to abide.
Everyone participating in any FCDI event or program, including AMRoC Fab Lab, is expected to:
- Behave in a mature and respectful way, that emphasizes the value of others and respects individuals and the community.
- Ensure the safety of all participants by following established protocols at all our events and programs.
- Refrain from any acts of bullying, harrassment, profane or insulting language, or any form of actual, threatened or implied violence.
- Report any unsafe or threatening conduct to organizers or other relevant program supervisors.
Anyone in violation of our Code of Conduct may be asked to leave an event or program. Additionally, by participating in any FCDI/AMRoC program, participants agree to our program waiver. Both our Code of Conduct and Participation Waiver can be found here.
Back to Top
Resources & Equipment
AMRoC Fab Lab is a collaborative, cross program effort of several cooperative organizations and academic institutions and includes, or will include:
- Industry standard manufacturing equipment, including CNC, milling, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- Resources and equipment for textiles, handcrafts, rapid prototyping and fabrication, audio/visual studio equipment, electronics, mechatronics, AR/VR, drones, CAD and more,
- A full scale permanent FIRST Robotics Competition field for high school level, FIRST Tech Challenge field, for middle and high school programs and FIRST LEGO League playing tables for elementary and middle school programs, to expand access to robotics education for more youth throughout Tampa Bay and central Florida,
- Hardware and software to support K-to-Gray education through:
- Professional Development for educators including Curriculum and Standards Alignment resources, training in Diversity and Inclusion in science, technology, and manufacturing education and more
- Programming, design and engineering classes and training for youth
AMRoC Fab Lab programming aligns with Fab I Can Statements reflecting core learning areas across digital fabrication technologies including Design, Programming, Electronics, Modeling, Fabrication, and Safety.
Visit our membership page to learn more.
Back to Top
AMRoC Fab Lab services include:
- 3D printing services (fees vary by printer type and job complexity and may range from $20 to $200 or more)
- Fabrication services
- Product Development Consultation
- Professional Development for educators, business professionals and others
- Certifications in various trades and skills, from automotive repair to CAD
Visit our Services page to learn more.
Back to Top
For more information, please visit our Contact page to get in touch.