AMRoC Fab Lab hosts an interactive Fab Lab Experience at the Synapse Summit on the Amalie Arena Ice Level. Our AMRoC on Ice exhibit is a collaborative effort of several of our amazing program partners and includes a number of hands-on activities and demos.
Featured at our interactive booth:
- PLUGHITZ Live, with a Walk-Up podcast, that asks Synapse attendees, ” What do you make?”
- AMROC Youth robotics teams: FTC team Team Duct Tape, FTC Team VISION, FRC Team Edgar Allan Ohms demoing, hosting a Sumobot experience and more
- US Auto Training with Auto tech and training displays
- Prograde Labs showcasing rocketry, Battlebots protype, design processes and more
- Grow to Greatness Ventures, with our Level Up at AMRoC, entrepreneurship equity on-ramp project
- Tampa Drones with drone simulator and display
Hands- on Activities will include:
- Marble Run – from Bits 4Bots
- Sumobot challenges
- Drone simulator
- LEGO engineering challenges
- Junk Drawer Wars
- Robot driving experiences
The goal of our exhibit is to give Synapse guests a sampling of some the things that can be done and learned at the Fab Lab and why public creative spaces like AMRoC are important to building and supporting tech and science literacy and ability, and why that’s important culturally and economically.
If you’re at the Synapse Summit this week, please stop by the AMRoC Fab Lab booth at the Arena Ice Level, check out some of our great displays, meet our awesome partners, try your hand at driving a robot or building something, and discover the Power of Making to change lives and build futures.