Register for this virtual STEM Education Professional Development program by June 26!
AMRoC Fab Lab in collaboration with FIRST Americorps VISTA , Marissa Shiereck, will host an online STEM Education Professional Development event for educators June 29 through July 3. In-service credit is avaiable for Hillsborough County educators participating in this program.
Participants will learn about STEM education through FIRST® youth robotics, which involve real-world problem solving challenges that inspire students to experiment and grow their critical thinking, coding and design skills.
Sessions will cover:
- General overview of FIRST programs
- STEM in the age of COVID-19
- Diversity & Inclusion Education
- Recruiting and retaining mentors from the professional community
- Starting and managing teams
- Utilizing AMRoC Fab Lab resources for FIRST and STEM education