Grand Opening day on June 8 brought over 100 people through the doors of AMRoC to explore tools and resources, enjoy tours of the Fab Lab, and to meet program partners. We continue the fun all week long, with a deeper dive into some of different elements of AMRoC Fab Lab programming. Here’s the general schedule:
- June 11 is 3D Printer Tuesday! From 1pm to 6pm come by to see our 3D printers in action, including the Phrozen Shuffle from Ultimate 3D Printer Store, learn how they work, and the different fields and solutions for which they’re utilized, and meet 3D Musketeers and check out their amazing projects in a variety of 3D media, including sandstone.
- Wednesday June 12, join us for our Community Coding showcase from 1pm to 4pm to learn about coding in our youth robotics programs, civic tech initiatives by Code for Tampa Bay Brigade, look at different applications and programs, and discover how you can learn to code through project based initiatives like ASCII Warriors, a club for those 16 and up, that kicks off their first meeting at AMRoC at 4:30pm Wednesday. ASCII Warriors is organized by Sumo Software.
- On Thursday June 13, from 1pm to 6pm, discover Home Ec for the 21st Century. Check out resources for textiles, handcrafts, DIY home repair, tool orientations and related resources for all ages. We’ll be working on some tool restoration projects throughout the day, in the workshop, and Middleton High School’s FIRST Robotics Competition team will be on site throughout the day, working on their robot and doing drive practice.
- June 14 is Fabrication Friday – 1pm to 6pm – Check out our workshop, Computer Aided Design (CAD) and fabrication systems, projects underway, electronics and tool resources.
- On Saturday June 15, from 1pm to 7pm we wrap up our Grand Opening Showcase Week with a day of Rockets and Robots! We’ll be recruiting new team members for all four of our FIRST youth robotics programs: FIRST LEGO League Jr. for 6 to 9 year olds, FIRST LEGO League for 9 to 14 year olds, FIRST Tech Challenge for middle and high school students and FIRST Robotics Competition for high school students. Plus enjoy tours of the Fab Lab and meet special guests and program partners.
Please join us for a great week of activities and programs and discover how you can get involved to learn a variety of new skills, do your own build projects, develop products and projects, refine design ideas, compete on robotics teams, earn certifications that can help with better paying jobs and generally make the most of our Community Center with tools.
Visit the Quick Links below to learn more!